High-resolution Insights for Your Sample
Non-destructive 3D Imaging
DigiM provides high-resolution X-ray micro-computed tomography services using state-of-the-art laboratory and synchrotron systems. DigiM focuses on resolutions in the range of 30 nm to a few micrometers.
The term Micro-CT is used generally to include Micro-CT, Nano-CT, Synchrotron, and X-ray Microscopy. See the diagram below for a comparison of Micro-CT 3D imaging technology with other techniques, the resolution ranges each technique covers, and recent industrial consolidations. DigiM has experience with images from all of these manufacturers, and played critical roles in the design and development of several software platforms they bundle.
In addition to working on client’s samples to get high quality Micro-CT images, DigiM can also play an instrumental role in the decision-making process when clients are inclined to purchase the equipment in-house. DigiM can help with vendor evaluation, workflow evaluation and laboratory setup. DigiM provides a complete solution to fit our customer’s diverse and unique needs.
Micro-CT’s Advantages and Challenges
- Larger field of view (comparing to EM based technique)
- Possible to support dynamic imaging with sample under changing thermal, mechanical, electrical constraints.
- Intensity calibration from sample to sample
- Beam hardening
- Scanning time and signal-to-noise-ratio balance
- Massive amount of result data stretching storage and computation resources.